Camelia

Two boughs must have broken off in the wind/snow which swept the moor some weeks ago and I only noticed them yesterday. After trimming the boughs there were masses of beautiful flowered stems on the ground. I collected these up and left a note by the studio which read “please help yourself”…

I used four branches to make the killick, Camellia (see research notes on Killick)

So, the branches came from Bodmin Moor and the stone was found at Hannafore near Looe. The photographs show some of the making process in the studio, the sculpture in the garden, by the Camelia (top right) and under studio lighting, with shadow. I seem to have left the flowers in place…

mde

magnolia


Constructed from one of the rocks found in Cornwall on the shore near Looe and magnolia branch trimmings, Magnolia is a new killick.

There are three photographs below, the first documents part of the killick making process, followed by a close up of the rock, with the magnolia tree just visible in the background and a final photograph taken under studio lighting, with shadows (see blog notes on Killick Project).

Thank you for looking…

in the studio during the killick making process

close up of “magnolia” (with magnolia tree branch visible on the left)

magnolia under studio lighting, with shadows…