Camelia

Two boughs must have broken off in the wind/snow which swept the moor some weeks ago and I only noticed them yesterday. After trimming the boughs there were masses of beautiful flowered stems on the ground. I collected these up and left a note by the studio which read “please help yourself”…

I used four branches to make the killick, Camellia (see research notes on Killick)

So, the branches came from Bodmin Moor and the stone was found at Hannafore near Looe. The photographs show some of the making process in the studio, the sculpture in the garden, by the Camelia (top right) and under studio lighting, with shadow. I seem to have left the flowers in place…

mde

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s